O’Learys is looking for a Unit Manager with a passion for food, drinks, sports and service for its new corporate restaurant in Tripla, opening October 2019. The chosen person is expected to start August 2019 at the latest. We are continuously interviewing so please apply as soon as possible!
Being an employee of O'Learys means that you are a part of a community and a team, where together we develop and strengthen the chain, and our brand. Within this, your knowledge, experience and commitment are the most important elements for our success.
O’Learys Tripla will open its doors in October 2019 and will have approximately 200 seats. The restaurant has an attractive location in the Mall of Tripla, which will be the largest mall in Finland situated right next to the Pasila railway station. O’Learys’ product offering includes an American style menu with dishes such as fresh burgers, steaks and salads, a large and varied assortment of beverages and sports, all set within a Bostonian environment.
As the Unit Manager you are responsible for the entire restaurant and its financial results. You provide leadership and guidance to the team and are responsible for the daily operations according to the O’Learys concept. You will ensure the best possible experience for our guests – or fans as we call them. You are also motivating and will train your staff according to O’Learys’ guidelines and core values. You will actively participate in the daily operations as a leader for our staff.
You will lead the restaurant’s operational management team overseeing all other departments, including both Front and Back of House. Initially, you will also lead the opening process of this unit.
- Responsible for managing the unit according to the O’Learys concept.
- Responsible for the budget, P&L, result and measures needed to achieve these.
- Overall responsibility for driving sales and controlling costs such as wage cost, cost of sales & inventory management, variable costs and achieving set KPI’s.
- Hold weekly meetings with the Management Team where weekly results and forecasts are main topics.
- Establish, control and document monthly financial reconciliations whilst monitoring profitability.
- Responsible for pricing of menu items.
- Coordination of the opening processes and partners involved in the operation prior to opening, under liaison with O’Learys’ relevant departments.
- Recruitment of staff and ensure onboarding prior to opening.
- Responsible for ensuring that local laws, permits, and regulations are complied with and in place prior to opening.
- Make sure that supplier agreements and all other relevant partnerships are established.
Operations and staff:
- Overall responsibility for recruitment of the restaurant’s staff and onboarding in line with the O’Learys introduction process.
- Ensure operations are in accordance to concept and that brand & quality standards are adopted.
- Hold performance reviews with O’Learys management.
- Participate actively in the daily operations, including occasional evenings and weekends, to ensure compliance of quality and service and making sure routines are implemented.
- Produce yearly marketing plans and ensures that these are implemented.
- Responsible for the unit’s sales and marketing activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that social media channels are continuously monitored, updated and active, as well as management of other relevant marketing channels.
What we are looking for?
- Over 5 years’ experience of restaurant management within HoReCa/F&B, preferably with restaurant opening experience
- Experience of managing people with different cultures and backgrounds preferred
- Education in Hospitality management education or equivalent business degree is preferred
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of a restaurant's P&L in order to monitor, analyse and define clear action plan for sales and profitability improvement
- Highly proficient in both English and Finnish, written and oral
- Engaging and motivating leader
- Innovative, driven and pro-active
- Structured, self-disciplined, a relationship builder and business oriented
- Communicative and informative
- Affinity to project management and goal realisation.
Apply with registered CV as soon as possible by clicking "Hae/Apply". The position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found. For more information, you can contact Rami Inkilä, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experis™ is the global leader in professional resourcing and project based workforce solutions. We attract, assess and place specialist professional talent, connecting the passion of individuals with the ambition of business. We specialize in providing professional opportunities across IT and Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Communications and HR. We deliver high-demand talent for mission-critical positions to clients in over 50 countries. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.