Experis™ is the global leader in professional resourcing and project based workforce solutions. We attract, assess and place specialist professional talent, connecting the passion of individuals with the ambition of business. We specialize in providing professional opportunities across IT and Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Communications and HR. We deliver high-demand talent for mission-critical positions to clients in over 50 countries. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.
Our international customer is now looking for an experienced
to be based in their office in Espoo.
In this role, you provide professional geotechnical and civil engineering advice to support the sales and delivery of the company’s ground engineering solutions. This position undertakes the evaluation and design of civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing geotechnical and civil engineering analysis and design recommendations for the sales and service organization
- Making decisions on design and engineering procedures, and functioning as a technical specialist or as a technical project manager when necessary
- Cooperation with the organisation, customers, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community
- Serving as the primary technical resource for the product portfolio application, selection and design of engineering works
- Support and coordination on quotes
- Participating in maintaining a good company image by providing exceptional customer service and up-to-date product knowledge
- Preparing documents detailing analysis and recommendations
- Critically reviewing testing results, design recommendations, and documents detailing the investigations/projects conducted
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Geotechnical Engineer or Civil Engineer with a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience
- Minimum requirement is BSc or BEng in a relevant subject
- Experience in heavy civil engineering, rail, buildings and structures
- Working knowledge of relevant codes and standards
- Design experience in foundation construction /underpinning techniques such as piling, cementitious grouting and ground improvement methods
Skills and abilities:
- High sense of urgency and passion for engineering and technical support
- Excellent communication skills in Finnish and in English including the skill to write clear and concise engineering documentation with strong attention to detail
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and professionalism
- Analytical skills for detailed project assessments and designs
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work under stress and meet agreed deadlines
- Must be a team player with the patience and skill to coach other staff when necessary
- Must possess a true desire to understand customer needs and market requirements
- Must have the ability to do some traveling and work in remote areas under various conditions
- Advanced computing skills – CAD, soil mechanics design software, MS office
We offer a great opportunity for an ambitious person to be part of a growing company. You have a true chance to contribute to the growth of the company, and the chance to further develop a career within this field.
Apply for the job by February 28th, 2017 at www.experis.fi by registering your CV and salary request in English to this position.
For more information or a contact request, please contact Senior Consultant Pia Santanen via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.