ABLOY offers security and locking innovations dedicated to creating more trust in the world. Combining digital and mechanical expertise, Abloy Oy develops industry-leading security solutions that protect people, property and business. Abloy is part of the ASSA ABLOY Group, the global leader in access solutions. Every day, we help billions of people experience a more open world. From technical and engineering to software development ABLOY provides a diverse opportunity for those with skill, determination and drive to add trust into society - creating a more secure and safer future. The Evolution of the Northern Developer
We are looking for Backend/Cloud Developers to join our growing Critical Infrastructure team in Joensuu or Espoo, Finland. The daily work consists of designing and programming infrastructures, microservices and scalable backends for Critical Infrastructure industry to protect and increase operational efficiency in the most important functions of society. Our greatest asset is our automatically tested, high quality code base. We use Kotlin/Java and Typescript for development on top of AWS. We work on cloud backends and architectures to create novel access control solutions.
Our software development works with iterative practices: we are not afraid of experimenting and learning from failure. We allocate time for self-development and group learning. Our software team understands that speed comes from quality and not rushing. We do not want to fall into long release cycles or manual grunt work but aim at continuous delivery.
What you will be doing
- Backend development, participation to API design and building our cloud infrastructure
- Practicing good development principles (e.g., writing tests and refactoring)
- Continuous integration pipeline development
- Automating deployments to cloud
- Building high-quality, automatically tested and reusable code and libraries for future use
- Using and adapting existing REST APIs
- Working closely with other software development teams
What we are looking for
- At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Senior level experience in software development
- Expertise in some modern languages such as Kotlin, Swift, or Typescript
- "Fullstack" expertise with combination of skillsets in cloud technologies, frontend or backend is a bonus.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of network design, cloud architecture, and container orchestration (Docker)
- Experience in microservices
- Understanding importance of test automations
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
What we offer
We promise you the support and expertise of our community, as well as the best lessons and strengths of our company's journey of more than 100 years. With us, you can build something new and interesting, as well as develop and support our existing product range. We offer sparring and training that will accelerate your future success. Interesting challenges accelerate your personal development. You will get the keys to exceed yourself, develop and learn new things in every day, as well as exciting and wide-ranging tasks in a world-leading security group. We also offer versatile and flexible working arrangements and services to support your well-being.
Join the herd! Please apply by registering your CV in www.experis.fi. If you have any question please contact Mikko Rämänen, Senior Recruitment Consultant, Experis, tel. +358 50 516 0054 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the recruitment process, a standard personnel security clearance will be conducted for the final candidates.
Experis™ is the global leader in professional resourcing and project based workforce solutions. We attract, assess and place specialist professional talent, connecting the passion of individuals with the ambition of business. We specialize in providing professional opportunities across IT and Engineering, Finance and Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Communications and HR. We deliver high-demand talent for mission-critical positions to clients in over 50 countries. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.